The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

462672 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I eagerly awaited the release of "Aurelia in Action". Now it is here and I am loving it (I knew I was going to love Aurelia). I hit my first snag when trying to install the CLI globally; NPM kept saying aurelia-cli was not in its registry. A search of the issues in the Aurelia Github repo produced the solution:
1. start a new instance of the Powershell and there enter
2. npm -g clear cache; then enter
3. npm install -g aurelia-cli
worked like a charm now I have my Hello, World app up and running. May I suggest adding this to the trouble-shooting tips in section 2.2.3?

Great job Sean!
Sean Hunter (29) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the feedback. That's a really good point. I'll add these as troubleshooting steps. If you've run into the issue then it's more than likely that others will as well.

Cheers,
Sean