The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

MikeHT (137) [Avatar] Offline
I'm having problems installing the Groovy-Grails plugin in Neon. When I try to install just the Groovy plugin, it will come back and indicate that only the Groovy compiler will be installed, not the Groovy-Eclipse feature.

There is no "Groovy/Grails plugin" found when I search for it in the Marketplace. When I go to the Groovy Grails Test Suite (GGTS) home page and try to install from there (via a drag-and-drop icon) it does not install.

Some help would be appreciated.
Kostis Kapelonis (63) [Avatar] Offline
Hello

Unfortunately when the book was written Eclipse was still in Juno/Indigo/Luna

I see from your other post that you have finally made it work. Is that correct?

Otherwise I would advise you to just use the command line to compile/run unit tests and use Eclipse only for editing.

You can also contact the Spock mailing list where some users possibly work with Neon already
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/spockframework

I also believe that Intellij works well with Spock tests (even the free edition)

Kostis