The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

kkelleher (19) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I've been shadowing the examples, creating my own version of the licence/organization. Now, as I shadow chapter 7 and am having an error trying to get OAuth Security & Hystrix working together.

I get the following error
{
  "timestamp": 1494862575049,
  "status": 500,
  "error": "Internal Server Error",
  "exception": "org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException",
  "message": "Error creating bean with name 'scopedTarget.oauth2ClientContext': Scope 'request' is not active for the current thread; consider defining a scoped proxy for this bean if you intend to refer to it from a singleton; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: No thread-bound request found: Are you referring to request attributes outside of an actual web request, or processing a request outside of the originally receiving thread? If you are actually operating within a web request and still receive this message, your code is probably running outside of DispatcherServlet/DispatcherPortlet: In this case, use RequestContextListener or RequestContextFilter to expose the current request.",
  "path": "/v1/pupils/f3831f8c-c338-4ebe-a82a-e2fc1d1ff78a"
}

Effectively the error occurs on line with #B below
package com.thoughtmechanix.licenses.clients;
//Removed for conciseness
@Component
public class OrganizationRestTemplateClient {
@Autowired
OAuth2RestTemplate restTemplate; //#A
private static final Logger logger =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(OrganizationRestTemplateClient.class);
public Organization getOrganization(String organizationId){
logger.debug("In Licensing Service.getOrganization: {}",
UserContext.getCorrelationId());
ResponseEntity<Organization> restExchange = //#B
restTemplate.exchange(
"http://zuulserver:5555/api/organization/v1/organizations/{organizationId}",
HttpMethod.GET,
null, Organization.class, organizationId);
/*Save the record from cache*/
return restExchange.getBody();
}
}

Can I get a pointer please ....

thanks,
Kevin

557915 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I stuck with the same issue, have you found any solution for this?
For now i am not using the OAuth2RestTemplate and using default RestTemplate and forwarding the Authorization header via HystrixConcurrenryStrategy mechanism.