The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

420622 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi All!

First of all I would like to thanks James for such a brilliant book - it is really user friendly and allow to put hand on SCCM very quickly. I've already read most of it while trying to do task on already existing enviornemnt. Right now I'm trying to set up my own lab and encounter problem below:

Starting MDT Media Update
Opened the media deployment share.
Folders to be copied to the media deployment share: 6
Copied: DS001:\Applications
Copied: DS001:\Operating Systems
Copied: DS001:\Out-of-Box Drivers
Copied: DS001:\Packages
Copied: DS001:\Task Sequences
Copied: DS001:\Selection Profiles
Copied: DS001:\Applications with Replace option
Copied: DS001:\Operating Systems with Replace option
Copied: DS001:\Out-of-Box Drivers with Replace option
Copied: DS001:\Packages with Replace option
Copied: DS001:\Task Sequences with Replace option
Copied: DS001:\Selection Profiles with Replace option
Copied standard folders.
Boot images updated.
Setting up x64 boot image.
BcdEdit returned an error.

Has anybody experienced something simillar? Tried to google the solution but did not found anything. Any hints smilie?

Thanks!
315154 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I get the exact same output when executing Update Media Content on MEDIA001 in Deployment Workbench.
340049 (14) [Avatar] Offline
I got the same output as well: BcdEdit returned an error.

Figure I'd check here first.

-Jeff
340049 (14) [Avatar] Offline
I finally managed to create the ISO. I found a thread [1] where the host operating system, MDT, and ADK didn't always work together, depending on what version of the host operating system you were using: 2008, 10, 2012, etc. Well I've been trying to do this on Windows 7. I spun up a Windows 2012 R2 virtual machine, did the setup and got the ISO built!

Unless it was something else. Should I be able to use Windows 7?

Anyway, I'll try installing the OS on the lab VMs tomorrow.

[1] https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60d86683-68e2-4a93-838b-231d61854804/bcdedit-returned-an-error-when-generating-an-media-iso-in-mdt?forum=mdt