The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

298028 (3) [Avatar] Offline
I noticed that it takes two touches to get the todo to submit, and decided to look into it.

It seems that there is some interaction with an Input inside a ScrollView where a tap outside of the keyboard is used to dismiss the keyboard, but isn't passed down to the children of the SV. The simplest thing I could find is to add

keyboardShouldPersistTaps="handled"

To the ScrollView tag, and add

Keyboard.dismiss()

to the submitTodo method (add Keyboard to the react-native imports)

I'm not sure its helpful to have this level of detail in the intro app, but a note to the effect of 'it takes two touches to submit a Todo, this will be addressed later in the book" might help
287516 (45) [Avatar] Offline
Ah great point, I'll be sure to add this into the next update.

You can also add keyboardShouldPersistTaps="always" and not have to worry about the Keyboard.dismiss() method!

Thanks for the feedback.