Phil Derome (48) [Avatar] Offline
Chapter 1
I'm choosing to report less trivial wording issues that affect clarity and skipping over some typos that we expect will be cleaned up (duplicate the the, incorrect usage of it's and its for instance); if the authors manifest interest for those trivial ones I am noting, I can convey by whatever means they like. I'll reply to this topic to add other errata, trying to be selective in the significance.

Akka value proposition in section 1.2.1 “simpler distribution - distributed by default, remove or local configuration.”

Replace remove with remote.
Chapter 1.2.2. This sentence should be rewritten as its verb structure (missing one at the end) is awkward. The use of "as" is effectively announcing a second verb after "shows," and it never comes.

“From the ground up they bake in the four key traits explained earlier: message driven, elastic, resilient and responsive; as the next figure shows, with its depiction of the shopping cart in a reactive application.

Phil Derome wrote:Chapter 1.2.2. This sentence should be rewritten as its verb structure (missing one at the end) is awkward. The use of "as" is effectively announcing a second verb after "shows," and it never comes.

“From the ground up they bake in the four key traits explained earlier: message driven, elastic, resilient and responsive; as the next figure shows, with its depiction of the shopping cart in a reactive application.

Perhaps it is the semicolon that precedes 'as' that makes the sentence confusing, removing it would be better. After a semicolon we expect a main verb.