457619 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm reading this while our monolith is deploying to test. Eager to see where you're going!

1.1.6 : As well having to => As well as having to
1.1.8: stored in an large database which ideally deployed => stored in a large database which is deployed...
Jon Freedman (8) [Avatar] Offline
One more

3.4.2 Eliminating synchronous interaction
Another way to eliminate synchronous communication while during request processing
Returning a response to its client.
Isaac Han (3) [Avatar] Offline
457619 wrote:I'm reading this while our monolith is deploying to test. Eager to see where you're going!
1.1.6 : As well having to => As well as having to
1.1.8: stored in an large database which ideally deployed => stored in a large database which is deployed...

Jean Tessier (1) [Avatar] Offline
3.2.3: "Unlike, older communication..." --> "Unlike older communication..."

3.2.3: "... REST did not original have an IDL." --> "... REST did not originally have an IDL."

3.2.3: "A service definition is an analogous to Java interface." --> "A service definition is analogous to a Java interface."
Sanjeev Sachdev (2) [Avatar] Offline
Page 1 --
...She had spent the previous week with other software architectures architects and developers at an excellent conference...
Sanjeev Sachdev (2) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry, I just noticed the following message in the page footer --

"©Manning Publications Co. We welcome reader comments about anything in the manuscript - other than typos and other simple mistakes. These will be cleaned up during production of the book by copyeditors and proofreaders."
variousred (23) [Avatar] Offline
First chapter

> EACH SERVICE HAS IT'S OWN DATABASE

— should be ITS with no apostrophe, several occurrences of this.
Marina Michaels (37) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks, everyone, for commenting on these typos. I know how hard it is to ignore them!

I'm the Development Editor on this book. Although my title has "editor" in it, the "development" part of of my title means that I'm not editing for grammar, punctuation, and typos; instead, I edit the content for clarity and structure. (And also manage the book project as a whole.)

While Mr. Richardson is writing his book, we don't copyedit his writing (that is, edit for typos), because he's constantly revising his chapters in response to feedback from MEAP subscribers and reviewers (internal and external). This is true for all books in development. That's why we ask that you only comment on the content of the book, not typos.

Once the book goes to Manning's Production department, it will be thoroughly copyedited for all these kinds of errors.

Again, thanks for taking the time to comment on the typos. I hope you are enjoying the book.
312911 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Mythical Man-Month, by Fred Brooks, was first published in 1975, not 1986 (as stated in section 1.6.1).