Crahun (26) [Avatar] Offline
You've written all kinds of unit tests except navigation test. Are this kind of test useful?
Jim Bennett (24) [Avatar] Offline
Navigation tests are incredibly useful, and something I write all the time in my own apps. The problem with it from the perspective of a book is it takes a bit of effort to set up, so would need a fair few pages.

In the source code there are tests around the navigation between the counter screens if you want to see an example.
In this case I would like to see these few more pages to have the complete xamarin book. Just if you can. I will explore the example anyway.
Thanks for the feedback and good to know it's something of interest. I'll see what I can do to get something in.
As an update to this I will be adding unit testing navigation - the new navigation service in MvvmCross 5 makes it a LOT easier to unit test, so as I'm updating the book to include this I'm adding unit testing of it as well. Hopefully will be in a MEAP release next month.
Thank you very much Jim. I appreciate it a lot. And I have to tell you that I like also the new table of contents, it seems quite simpler and useful than before and we don't have to read large chapters.