391812 (7) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jeremy Wilken, only one question before buy the pre-release book.

Will be added some content about the creation process of Custom Controls and the use of ControlValueAccessors?

Thanks
jeremy.wilken (201) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

An upcoming chapter will be on forms, and my intention is to demonstrate how to build a custom control. I haven't written it yet, so is there anything specific you'd like it to cover that might help me plan it?

Jeremy
Many thanks Jeremy, would be great any applied chapter with the custom control creation process using the ControlValueAccessor for manage the relationship between the model and the view through this interface.

This section is not covered in-depth in official documentation, for this reason would be great have this in your book.

Thanks. I was not able to get the book that day, would be great have the coupon for this.
Sounds good, I'll keep that in mind as I design that chapter, which will be next after I finish routing.

As far as a coupon, I don't control those. You can keep track of the Manning deal of the day at https://www.manning.com/dotd and see if it comes around again.
jeremy.wilken wrote:Sounds good, I'll keep that in mind as I design that chapter, which will be next after I finish routing.

As far as a coupon, I don't control those. You can keep track of the Manning deal of the day at https://www.manning.com/dotd and see if it comes around again.

Many thanks Jeremy, I will keep alert.

Thanks again.
Francisco J
477578 (8) [Avatar] Offline
So you are starting to flex your new Angular 2 muscles and have built the mother of all custom form controls. I mean that thing can do everything except make coffee… And then the moment comes to extract and use it as a separate component in your application.
GCLUB ??????
goldenslot
Hi Jeremy, was this topic covered finally in the final release?

Would be great get some content about Custom Controls on it.

I had waiting for that since the latest release.

Thanks in advanced.
I wasn't able to cover custom controls in the end due to the amount of content already covered. However, using my chapter and this great guide https://blog.thoughtram.io/angular/2016/07/27/custom-form-controls-in-angular-2.html you should be in a good place to create your own forms.
502674 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Will be added some content about the creation process of Custom Controls and the use of ControlValueAccessors?

??????????, jav
I've gotten a few requests for this, and while I'm making my final editing rounds I may be able to accommodate this request. However I cannot guarantee right now and will have to see.
I've added a new section to the forms chapter to cover this topic.
richard_photo (3) [Avatar] Offline
I'm sorry. Does anyone know how to start here a new topic? Thanks