vibhor (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Kim,

Hope you doing great!

I am very eager to read your book.

However, I just have one question. Is the book complete from code perspective i.e. if I buy this book can I read it completely along with all the working code examples upto chapter 13?

Thanks,

Kim Falk (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Thank you for writing. The writing is close to complete, I just sent off chapter 14 today. There are places where it needs to be improved, so it will be updated in the coming months. The same with the code. Code for chapters 1-10 is there and running, but is still going to be refactored over the coming months. Code for chapter 11 needs some more work and 12 is not committed. So from a code perspective, it is not finished yet. But reading the MEAP should prepare you to implement everything yourself smilie.

Hope that answers your question

Have a great day!

Kim
Hello Kim,

I was going thru your github link for the code examples:

https://github.com/practical-recommender-systems

I only see the code uptill chapter 8. I am not able to find the code for chapter 9 and 10?

Are you using some other github link?

Thanks in advance,
I changed my strategy while writing chapter 8, so I am making one repository for all the code for all the chapters, instead of one for each chapter. So all the code is found here:

https://github.com/practical-recommender-systems/moviegeek

one last question!

Under the section:: What's inside

The book says - Practical "introduction" to recommender system algorithms.

I am an infant to the field of "Recommender System". Since the word "Introduction" is used. Just wanted to check what will be my level of expertise after completing the book.

Will I be hired after reading this book smilie

Thanks in advance,
Hi,

The book is an introduction, and it will teach you a lot of recommender systems. So reading the book will get you to a point where you can implement several different types of recommenders, and that is for sure a skill that will be very useful in the future.

Sadly (or luckily) I don't have my own company, so I can't hire you :o)