453037 (3) [Avatar] Offline
I'm sorry, this might be a bad question. But I followed the installation guide for starting the server for Moviegeeks website. Up until where the book says you have to put ".prs" into the root directory. Where exactly do I put it? I'm on windows 10 if that helps.
Kim Falk (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

There is no such thing as a bad question smilie

Let me see if I can give a good answer then:

The .prs file should be place in the directory called moviegeek.

Hope that works, otherwise let me know.
Kim
Capture.PNG
[ 168 KB ]
I'm getting another error. So I used notepad and inside of it, I put this { "themoviedb_apikey": <really long api key>} then I save it as "All file" --> ".prs". Then when I attempted to runserver on Anaconda prompt, I got this screen (also attached the screenshot if url doesn't work):
I am a bit unsure what the problem can be, did you put quotes around the api key? My file looks something like this:

{ "themoviedb_apikey": "789cc5b776f26222da0f0c69fdd0ff93" }

where the actual key is the same format, but a different code.
Thank you, changing the "<" to the quotation fixed the problem!
That is great, please let me know how it goes.
Ushant Suman (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Kim,

I am also beginner in the field of machine learning and recommender systems.I have done some web programming but in the book you have used python Djanjo I have no idea about the python web framework.Should I learn the python Django or start reading the book.

Regards,
Ushant Suman
Hi Ushant,

You are not intended to know much about Django to understand my book. You should be able to install the website, using the steps described in the Github repo.

If you understand the general principles of web programming, databases and a bit of math then you are all set to go.

So my advise is to not worry about Django, and just start reading the book.

Hope that helps.

Ushant Suman wrote:Hi Kim,

I am also beginner in the field of machine learning and recommender systems.I have done some web programming but in the book you have used python Djanjo I have no idea about the python web framework.Should I learn the python Django or start reading the book.

Regards,
Ushant Suman