The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Juanma Alvarez (2) [Avatar] Offline
In page 63 the book says: "We now have enough work done to start the configuration server. Let’s go ahead and start the configuration server using the mvn spring-boot:run command" but if you don't annotate the Application class with @EnableConfigServer the example does not work.
joshuawhite929 (16) [Avatar] Offline
Juanma,

We would like to make sure that the text is as accurate as possible. Can you clarify where in the Chapter 3 text you were looking? Were you pointing out that this wasn't called out explicitly?

As you mentioned, the @EnableConfigServer annotation is required and can be found in the ConfigServerApplication code listing for Chapter 3 (see here).

-Joshua
Juanma Alvarez (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Joshua,

I'm talking about 3.2.1 Using Spring Cloud Configuration Server with the filesystem section.

You are correct, my point was that it wasn't called out explicitly. I think is an important annotation to talk about as Chapter 4's @EnableDiscoveryClient for instance.

I don't know if the book expects the reader to follow along with the github repository, i usually don't look at the source code provided unless i really need boilerplate code as in organizationservice's hibernate mappings/repository/services.

Cheers.
John Carnell (26) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Juanma,

Thanks for pointing that out. I will take a look at material and make it more explicit.

Thanks Again,
John