ambs (22) [Avatar] Offline
Probably better to keep a topic on typos, and center them all here.

Page 15: caption of Figure 1.9 Thinknig => Thinking
Ivan Cukic (38) [Avatar] Offline
Fixed. Thanks.
Screenshot
[ 75 KB ]
Listing 2.1, the second to fourth '1' bullets should be '2', and the '2' bullet should be '3'
Listing 2.2 has some issues with the bullets too, but I am unable to say exactly how to fix smilie
Page 26

is a also a serial implementation
237434 (1) [Avatar] Offline
on page 60 you wrote "greater than five" but the example in Listing 3.9 is "older_than predicate(42)"

so it should be "greater than forty two"
I am not a native English speaker, but I would say that the first paragraph after the summary of chapter 3 has some repetitions:

...we need to know what all the different things that C++ can treat as functions are, and which of them to prefer, and which of them to avoid.

I would reword as

"... we need to know what all the different things that C++ can treat as functions are, and which of them to prefer, and which of them to avoid."

(remove that 'and')
Section 3.1.3, last sentence,

The
syntax for overriding the call operator is as simple as defining a member function
—just with a special name of operator() —we specify the return type, and all the
arguments that the function needs.

if you remove the --- part ---:

The
syntax for overriding the call operator is as simple as defining a member function
we specify the return type, and all the
arguments that the function needs.

That feels like as grammatically wrong....
451632 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Figure 1.4 caption: "vatiables" should be "variables."
Ivan Cukic (38) [Avatar] Offline
One of the editors is going through chapters to fix things like these, so the updated versions should be published in the following MEAP updates.

Though, the current pass is mostly about the sentence construction, a few typos are fixed as well. The fun thing is that noone noticed 'vatiables' smilie
cosme (1) [Avatar] Offline
Page 79: "std::find_id" to "std::find_if"
Page 105, listing 4.17: "to_upper(string.second);" to "to_upper(pair.second);"