264347 (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Really liking the MEAP and looking forward to the release of the next chapter(s). I've forked the https://github.com/Securing-DevOps/invoicer repo but unfortunately it won't build on CircleCI.

Basicaly, if you look at the output of the CircleCI build, under the MACHINE section, you get a subsection entitled 'Exporting env vars from circle.yml' just before a subsection entitled 'Exporting env vars from project settings'.

The following line in the circle.yml will therefore not evaluate as expected:

DOCKER_REPO: "$(if [ $CIRCLE_PROJECT_USERNAME == 'Securing-DevOps' ]; then echo securingdevops; else echo $DOCKER_USER; fi)"

The DOCKER_USER environment variable hasn't been set yet...

I've very limited experience with CircleCI, but I think the the only thing you can do if to also set DOCKER_REPO as a project environment variable in CircleCI.

I've added this as an issue ( and will submit a pull request in the next day or two.

Thanks

Martin
I've created a pull request to resolve the environment variable issue.

Unfortunately the build has failed again due to out dated dependencies - I'll push a change set to resolve that too.
Julien Vehent (14) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the report. The issue should now be fixed upstream.
Thanks, I'll check it out later today.
Just rebased my fork of https://github.com/Securing-DevOps/invoicer, I get a green build on Circle CI and the docker image has been uploaded to my Docker Hub account.

During the docker build I did however notice something that looked like an error (even though it didn't break the build):

Enter the new value, or press ENTER for the default
	Full Name []: 	Room Number []: 	Work Phone []: 	Home Phone []: 	Other []: Use of uninitialized value $answer in chop at /usr/sbin/adduser line 582.
Use of uninitialized value $answer in pattern match (m//) at /usr/sbin/adduser line 583.
Is the information correct? [Y/n]  ---> 1b0a1d493e1b

Also, after every step in the docker build there was an error removing the intermediate container:
nosuchcontainer: no such id:
But like I said, this didn't prevent the build from succeeding.