yoonghm (12) [Avatar] Offline
npm install electron-prebuilt –-save-dev
Should be
npm install electron-prebuilt --save-dev

Newer version of electron suggests
npm install electron --save-dev
Steve Kinney (33) [Avatar] Offline
Great catch! I actually included this in the next MEAP version.
Steve Glaser (2) [Avatar] Offline
You probably already fixed this since it's pretty basic and well publisized, but...

npm WARN deprecated electron-prebuilt@1.4.13: electron-prebuilt has been renamed to electron. For more details, see http://electron.atom.io/blog/2016/08/16/npm-install-electron

npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
Steve Kinney (33) [Avatar] Offline
Hey Steve—was that from the book or the code repository?

I should be fixed, but I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss a place.
Steve Glaser (2) [Avatar] Offline
Now I'm not sure where I was looking. A check now shows nothing wrong other than a few trivial grammar issues (V14, Section 2.1.3, PDF page number 25 / printed page number 21)

... This means that if ??? downloads the project and runs npm install, they will automatically get electron by default.

A Word on electron-prebuilt

As you acclimate yourself into the world of Electron, you may see blog posts, documentation, and even earlier
versions of the this book which refer to the electron-prebuilt package instead of electron. In the past, the former
was the preferred way to install a pre-compiled version of Electron for your operating system. The latter is the new
preferred way. As of early 2017, the electron-prebuilt is no longer supported.