The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

echeadle (87) [Avatar] Offline
I happened upon elm by accident. I am learning JavaScript and started to look into functional programming. Conceptually, Elm seems like a better approach, so did a lot of reading of the intro material found on the website, but after scanning the chapters, the explanations seem better, so I bought the book.

Besides I can bug the author. smilie

I don't do a lot of programming yet, but I think I want to use elm if I can, because of the idea of the compiler catching so many kinds of mistakes. I am thinking elm on the front end and hapi on the back end. I found hapi to be a great accelerator for what I was doing. I think Elm will be the same for the front end. Of course before I make the final decisions, I need to read the chapters that are not available yet.

I enjoy the book so far, and look forward to reading the yet-to-be-written chapters.

One last thing, for those like me that are brand new to elm, there is a slack channel. The dumb questions I posted were quickly and politely answered and were very helpful.