JonKalb (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'm assuming that the use of CXX in place of C++ is temporary, but I'd like to point out that it is annoying.

I'd also like to point out that in many places (typically not at the beginning of sentences) it appears in the lower case: cxx. C++ should never be in lower case.
Ivan Cukic (97) [Avatar] Offline
Yes, I've just been notified of the errors in the PDFs.

One of the issues is the 'cxx' instead of 'C++', and the second is that the code listings do not have the bold formatting, but they contain in-code markup /*[b*/ and similar.

Manning people are working to fix them. I hope they will do it promptly.

Background:

The book is written in Asciidoc (I'm pining for LaTeX right now) and '++' has a special meaning there.

So, I had to write cxx and make the processing toolchain convert it to C++ (always uppercase ofcourse). The same for bold font in the code listings.

Unfortunately, when the current PDFs were made, the guys that did it forgot to apply the extensions (and, strangely enough, this is the first time they did so), so the faulty PDFs were released.
435543 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Incomplete pdf and kindle copies
Hi I just noticed that the pdf and kindle copy I have received are incomplete (it contains only 2 chapters). Could you please refresh the copies along with the typos mentioned here?

Thanks!
Hi,

This is Manning Early Access Program - it started with the first two chapters, and each month it will be updated with a new one.

To quote the web page:

Manning Early Access Program (MEAP) Read chapters as they are written, get the finished eBook as soon as it’s ready, and receive the pBook long before it's in bookstores.

2 of 13 chapters available

435543 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Ivan Cukic wrote:Hi,

This is Manning Early Access Program - it started with the first two chapters, and each month it will be updated with a new one.

To quote the web page:

Manning Early Access Program (MEAP) Read chapters as they are written, get the finished eBook as soon as it’s ready, and receive the pBook long before it's in bookstores.

2 of 13 chapters available

Sorry, my bad I missed that message. Thanks!
The MEAP files have been updated - the issue of CXX and strange comments in the code listings are no more.

Thanks for reporting these!