The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

309108 (8) [Avatar] Offline
Just finished downloading the new MEAP and noticed that the last 2 chapters that were previously planned for the book has been totally removed. I realize it's so you can get it published sooner. However, I was really looking forward to seeing the implementation for those 2 examples you had planned to do:

9 Building an In The Moment recommendation engine
10 Building an IoT – a tweeting San Francisco parking garage

Is there any chance you can still publish those at a later time as downloadable chapters? Or even just on a separate website?
203641 (1) [Avatar] Offline
+1

Real-world examples are the reason why I have decided to buy this book. Would be appropriate to include these chapters.
245295 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Could you please consider offering an IoT chapter (not very detailed) as a downloadable Christmas gift for your readers?. That would be a very pleasant surprise for all of us. smilie

Thank you for the great job you've done so far!
andrew.psaltis (33) [Avatar] Offline
309108 wrote:Just finished downloading the new MEAP and noticed that the last 2 chapters that were previously planned for the book has been totally removed. I realize it's so you can get it published sooner. However, I was really looking forward to seeing the implementation for those 2 examples you had planned to do:

9 Building an In The Moment recommendation engine
10 Building an IoT – a tweeting San Francisco parking garage

Is there any chance you can still publish those at a later time as downloadable chapters? Or even just on a separate website?

Hi,
I am truly sorry for the very long delay in my response. At this time there was a decision to go with a single chapter which walks through creating an end-to-end solution using the Meetup RSVP data source. I understand your desire to see the two chapters we had originally planned on and apologize for the last minute change.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew.psaltis (33) [Avatar] Offline
245295 wrote:Could you please consider offering an IoT chapter (not very detailed) as a downloadable Christmas gift for your readers?. That would be a very pleasant surprise for all of us. smilie

Thank you for the great job you've done so far!

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in responding to you. First of all, thank you for reading and for your kind words. I love the idea and will certainly keep it in mind.

Thanks,
Andrew
309108 (8) [Avatar] Offline
+1 on any additional examples you can post online smilie

Thanks again!