The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

moorlie (4) [Avatar] Offline
In the file spmia-chapter3/licensing-service/src/main/docker/run.sh there are two hard coded machine names and ports that negate the use of supplying the $CONFIGSERVER_URI; configserver 8888 and database 5432. If the config server or database are started on any other link or port then this script will cause the starting instance to sit forever in an nc wait loop.
John Carnell (26) [Avatar] Offline
moorlie wrote:In the file spmia-chapter3/licensing-service/src/main/docker/run.sh there are two hard coded machine names and ports that negate the use of supplying the $CONFIGSERVER_URI; configserver 8888 and database 5432. If the config server or database are started on any other link or port then this script will cause the starting instance to sit forever in an nc wait loop.

Thanks Moorlie. Your absolutely right. I never noticed I was doing it and just cutting and pasting and changing as I moved the code forward from chapter. I never noticed because I have never changed the ports. Thanks for the catch and I will fix this in all the chapters smilie

Thanks,
John