The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Peter Lyons (4) [Avatar] Offline
I've tried to just select the very first line of the code listing, but something's messed up with the text in the PDF so I get a bunch of extra text selected. It's also not even contiguous text which is really weird. Screenshot attached. I'm using Preview.app in OS X 10.12.

rtfeldman (60) [Avatar] Offline
Hm, I don't think there's anything I can do to address that...can anyone from Graphics comment?
Elesha H. (5) [Avatar] Offline
I've found that this is a common issue with PDFs; sometimes character strings from different parts of the page are considered to be connected by Acrobat/Reader when they shouldn't be. Sorry it is being a nuisance! In case you (or other readers) weren't aware, I wanted to point out that you can download the source code from the Elm in Action product page at https://www.manning.com/books/elm-in-action - you should be able to copy and paste more easily from those files than from the PDF. Thank you for reading and providing feedback on the book!
oldfartdeveloper (18) [Avatar] Offline
I ran into a similar problem attempting to copy code out of the epub copy; had to download the code zip and use its entries as the source of my index.html for example.