The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

31666 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I've just purchased the MEAP and not had a chance to read much yet, but I had a question/suggestion for what I hope to get out of the book.

There's a bunch of packages available for Elm which seem to be assumed to be used by the experienced Elm community, and the documentation is a little lacking about what those good packages are. Once you find them the individual package docs seem ok (at least that I've seen) but it's hard to get the foot in the door so to speak.

For example, the Elm Guidebook, otherwise an excellent introduction, has this to say about animation:

"Works just like it did in previous versions of Elm though."

What if you never used previous versions of Elm?

I don't see an obvious place in the ToC for this kind of stuff, but if you could include coverage of some of the more likely to be used Elm packages, in particular in how they would fit into a real application, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

-Chris
Richard Haven (8) [Avatar] Offline
Hells to the yeah

I started with 0.18. I recommend that you pretend that anything earlier simply did not happen.

The most dangerous thing is that some search results go to pre-0.18 post/documentation, and, after a few paragraphs, they make no sense at all.

Perhaps we, as a user community, can develop a standard HTML plug to offer any B18 page that marks it as deprecated.