The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Manning (164) [Avatar] Offline
As we near the final production phase for this book, we have a quick question regarding its title.

Is "Reactive Design Patterns" appropriate, or should we enhance it further by calling it "Reactive Design: Patterns and Principles" or "Reactive Design Patterns and Principles"?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Josep Prat (14) [Avatar] Offline
I think the current title is appropriate. Howevee, I personally like this other one more:
"Reactive Design: Patterns and Principles"
5370 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I like the second title as well.
Newion (3) [Avatar] Offline
Reactive DDD smilie
310450 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I would keep the original title,
Reactive Design Patterns
. The two alternatives might be even more precise or complete, but the original one is accurate enough and shorter.
158762 (1) [Avatar] Offline
The current title is appropriate, although "Reactive Design: Patterns and Principles" has a bit more flair to it.
373305 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Reactive Design: Patterns and Principles +1 I think that's gonna stick out more on someone scrolling through titles.
337948 (4) [Avatar] Offline
How about 'Reactive Design: Principles and Patterns' ? I think it represents better the line of thought.
248679 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I pretty much agree with the other posters.

"Reactive Design: Patterns and Principles" is my preferred title.
253379 (1) [Avatar] Offline
+1 for "Reactive Design : Patterns and Principle"
292013 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'd stick to the original "Reactive Design Patterns".
deg (4) [Avatar] Offline
+1 for "Reactive Design : Patterns and Principles"
Javaru (2) [Avatar] Offline
+1 for "Reactive Design: Patterns and Principles"
52424 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Agreeing with everyone else. I like the second title better and think it also makes more sense from an SEO perspective.
Orlando (2) [Avatar] Offline
158762 wrote:The current title is appropriate, although "Reactive Design: Patterns and Principles" has a bit more flair to it.

I kind of agree with the above smilie