The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

350460 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Will the book be completed at all when shall we get new updates for this book
kiquetal (5) [Avatar] Offline
Any update about this book?
353684 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Any updates?
33577 (2) [Avatar] Offline
When can we expect a new update?
243453 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Does the author forgot to write the rest of the book? 10 months without an update!
386943 (1) [Avatar] Offline
The first 7 chapters have been a fantastic read.

Although I am aware of (and use) many FP features within languages that support them, never before have I had such a complete holistic view of the 'hows' and 'whys' of the FP paradigm, together with practical advice on to use them to write great software.

I am eagerly awaiting any news on the next instalments.
437477 (1) [Avatar] Offline
MEAP for the over three years is insane.
kiquetal (5) [Avatar] Offline
any update about this book?
456941 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Also hoping and update soon!
243453 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Spring 2017 to Winter 2018, yet it started June 2014. Does the author or Manning plan to finish this book? They just postpone it without any explanations.
229600 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Add another tick. Lets get this book to the end!
351915 (5) [Avatar] Offline
Admittedly, such a delay is embarrassing...
378587 (1) [Avatar] Offline
News Updates for the book (How can I get my money back?)
How can I get my money back?

Thanks.
449049 (17) [Avatar] Offline
How do I add a ticket?
furoshiki (3) [Avatar] Offline
I contacted Manning and received this reply:

This title is not dead. We have brought on a new author to complete this.
519876 (1) [Avatar] Offline
furoshiki wrote:I contacted Manning and received this reply:

This title is not dead. We have brought on a new author to complete this.

And not a single update for six months.after this information...
424247 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Like many others the books Title and TOC were extremely appealing hence i bought the MEAP (can't actually remember when i bought it). The first few chapters of the book show much promise and i would very much like to see this project completed.

Could we please just get regular updates on how this is progressing... The radio silence is probably making the situation worse.

Michal Plachta (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi everyone!

Yes, the book is alive and getting well! I am the new author and have started revising the existing chapters and adding new ones. We are getting ready to publish new things, most probably in March. There will be some major changes, including ToC changes, but I am sure they are making the book a lot better. You will get a chance to see for yourselves soon enough.

If you have any comments, questions—let me know here and I will gladly answer them all.