The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

JacquesLB (2) [Avatar] Offline
simple.gp
[ 866 bytes ]
Point sizes are scaled from a "default" size, but I can't find the (terminal dependent) absolute value of this default.

I wish to set a single point (pt 6) in a 3D splot to get a fixed circle of (physical) size 1, in the plane of the screen, when I change view with the mouse. This is to illustrate 3D coordinate systems (see the simplified example below).

I managed to adjust the size by trial and error, but it would much more convenient to compute the scaling factor from known values. Hence, I need the default point size...

Any idea?

Thank you.

Jacques

PS: load the file interactively in gnuplot, then use the mouse to change view. The two blue circles (seen as ellipses) should stay tangent to the black one, whatever the view point.
philipp.janert (286) [Avatar] Offline
I am sorry, I don't have an answer for you. For a terminal like wxt,
it's not even clear what units the size of a point symbol should be
given (pixels?).

Cute demo, by the way.