gerard (1) [Avatar] Offline
I would like to know if you will teach us how to make js work inside arduino
57714 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Numerous math errors in Chapter.3
At the beginning of section 3.2.2 this equation ( R = 5V / 0.02A ) shows the answer is R = 2500. The correct result is 250. The mistakes in calculating the value of a resistor to use with a LED and demonstrating the use of Ohms law occurs repeatedly in Chapter 3.
Lyza Gardner (12) [Avatar] Offline
57714 wrote:At the beginning of section 3.2.2 this equation ( R = 5V / 0.02A ) shows the answer is R = 2500. The correct result is 250. The mistakes in calculating the value of a resistor to use with a LED and demonstrating the use of Ohms law occurs repeatedly in Chapter 3.

Hi! I believe this is a result of a to-print error, as the manuscript has it as 250?. Looks like an ? got transliterated to a 0.

I will take a look at chapter three and double-check my original math against the version in the MEAP. eBook
gerard wrote:I would like to know if you will teach us how to make js work inside arduino

Hi! Because of the significant constraints of the 8-bit ATMega 328P microprocessor on the Arduino Uno, it's not possible to run JavaScript directly on the microcontroller itself. Arduinos can be controlled with JavaScript using a host/client setup.

However, in later chapters of the book, platforms like Tessel 2 and Espruino—which do run JavaScript natively—will be explored.
57714 wrote:At the beginning of section 3.2.2 this equation ( R = 5V / 0.02A ) shows the answer is R = 2500. The correct result is 250. The mistakes in calculating the value of a resistor to use with a LED and demonstrating the use of Ohms law occurs repeatedly in Chapter 3.

Hello, Again!

Oh, dear. It looks like basically all instances of ? have been incorrectly rendered in the MEAP, into a character that looks kind of like a 0. I've asked to get this fixed ASAP.
57714 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Estimate for release of more chapters?
Just like when I am watching a good serial on TV I eagerly wait for the next installment of "Javascript on Things". Any estimate of when additional chapters will be released?

Best Regards
Howard