The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

gerard (1) [Avatar] Offline
I would like to know if you will teach us how to make js work inside arduino
57714 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Numerous math errors in Chapter.3
At the beginning of section 3.2.2 this equation ( R = 5V / 0.02A ) shows the answer is R = 2500. The correct result is 250. The mistakes in calculating the value of a resistor to use with a LED and demonstrating the use of Ohms law occurs repeatedly in Chapter 3.
Lyza Gardner (12) [Avatar] Offline
57714 wrote:At the beginning of section 3.2.2 this equation ( R = 5V / 0.02A ) shows the answer is R = 2500. The correct result is 250. The mistakes in calculating the value of a resistor to use with a LED and demonstrating the use of Ohms law occurs repeatedly in Chapter 3.

Hi! I believe this is a result of a to-print error, as the manuscript has it as 250?. Looks like an ? got transliterated to a 0.

I will take a look at chapter three and double-check my original math against the version in the MEAP. eBook
gerard wrote:I would like to know if you will teach us how to make js work inside arduino

Hi! Because of the significant constraints of the 8-bit ATMega 328P microprocessor on the Arduino Uno, it's not possible to run JavaScript directly on the microcontroller itself. Arduinos can be controlled with JavaScript using a host/client setup.

However, in later chapters of the book, platforms like Tessel 2 and Espruino—which do run JavaScript natively—will be explored.
57714 wrote:At the beginning of section 3.2.2 this equation ( R = 5V / 0.02A ) shows the answer is R = 2500. The correct result is 250. The mistakes in calculating the value of a resistor to use with a LED and demonstrating the use of Ohms law occurs repeatedly in Chapter 3.

Hello, Again!

Oh, dear. It looks like basically all instances of ? have been incorrectly rendered in the MEAP, into a character that looks kind of like a 0. I've asked to get this fixed ASAP.
57714 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Estimate for release of more chapters?
Just like when I am watching a good serial on TV I eagerly wait for the next installment of "Javascript on Things". Any estimate of when additional chapters will be released?

Best Regards
Howard