xxlabaza (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

There is no examples of compiling to different backends (I mean shell command with arguments to Nim compiler) and moreover, I would like to see how compile staticaly for Nim, just few lines of shell input for example.
dom96 (75) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

There is no examples of compiling to different backends (I mean shell command with arguments to Nim compiler)

There is in the JavaScript examples, I show how to compile to the JavaScript backend there.

I would like to see how compile staticaly for Nim

I will try to include that but if I recall correctly it requires a non-trivial amount of explanation.
194758 (5) [Avatar] Offline
p.281:

The const char * type, which represents a pointer to an immutable character. The variable number of arguments which this function takes.
In many cases, like this one, the const char * type represents a string. In C there is no string type, instead a pointer which points to the start of a list of characters is used.

^ Above text is repeated twice.
bobgus (17) [Avatar] Offline
The paragraph:

In many cases, like this one, the const char * type represents a string. In C there is no string type, instead a pointer which points to the start of a list of characters is used.

is in the chapter twice !!
dom96 (75) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry about that guys! Will fix ASAP.