The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

xxlabaza (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

There is no examples of compiling to different backends (I mean shell command with arguments to Nim compiler) and moreover, I would like to see how compile staticaly for Nim, just few lines of shell input for example.
dom96 (75) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

There is no examples of compiling to different backends (I mean shell command with arguments to Nim compiler)

There is in the JavaScript examples, I show how to compile to the JavaScript backend there.

I would like to see how compile staticaly for Nim

I will try to include that but if I recall correctly it requires a non-trivial amount of explanation.
194758 (5) [Avatar] Offline
p.281:

The const char * type, which represents a pointer to an immutable character. The variable number of arguments which this function takes.
In many cases, like this one, the const char * type represents a string. In C there is no string type, instead a pointer which points to the start of a list of characters is used.

^ Above text is repeated twice.
bobgus (17) [Avatar] Offline
The paragraph:

In many cases, like this one, the const char * type represents a string. In C there is no string type, instead a pointer which points to the start of a list of characters is used.

is in the chapter twice !!
dom96 (75) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry about that guys! Will fix ASAP.