The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

179797 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

If I'm not wrong, step1 branch for chapter2 was renamed to rc1-step1. But the problem is gulpfile.js is disappeared in this branch. Should it be same as the one in master branch?

Thanks,
looks like gulpfile.js doesn't exist in all branches except master. can you have a check.

Thanks,
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Are you sure you are using the most recent copy of the book? We no longer use Gulp, and instead use the Angular CLI.
that's strange... I just downloaded and checked our latest version, Angular_2_in_Action_v4_MEAP, but gulp is still there...
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Well the next update will contain changes that use the angular CLI instead of gulp for building the application. I thought that version was released but we're working on a revision that should come out soon with the updated contents. The core application is the same, so if you run `npm install` and then `npm install -g angular-cli` and then `ng serve` it should start up the application for you.