is:

In Sublime create a new file named
brushfire/assets/styles/custom.css

probably should be:

brushfire/assets/styles/custom.less
420865 (1) [Avatar] Offline
chapter 3.3.2: understanding built-in LESS support
allo mike,

wrt attached jpg an excerpt from both index.html the left-side is from typed code following the book and the right-side from github the questions are:

how come the typed-code index.html did not have the auto-linked entry:
<!--STYLES-->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/importer.css">
<!--STYLES END-->

more critically was that i did several changes in the custom.less but were not reflected on refreshes of the browser or even re-lift-ing sails.

please advise.
regards.
daniel
4118 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I had the same problem with my custom.less file (to work, the file does have to be named .less). in the book this appears:

/* Center the heading */
.jumboHeading {
text-align: center;
padding: 20px 0;
font-size: 2.5em;
}

but .jumboHeading does not appear in the index.html file. Instead the class name is jumbotron. Just change .jumboHeading to .jumbotron and that part of the web page will be centered. And the next definition named .jumboSubHeading didn't make any sense to me at all.

I also couldn't stand the width of the kitten to be changed to 100px. YIKES!! I changed the width to 50px and added the length = 58px and the kitten looks bigger but normal. I also changed the bottom margin from <margin: 30px auto 0px auto;> to <margin: 30px auto 10px auto;> to make the kitten look more centered in the black field. --HopeThisHelps...Uncle Bill