The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

398609 (5) [Avatar] Offline
nwjs window
[ 24 KB ]
Hello ,

I have run a basic nw.js hello world application in chapter 1 using windows 8.1 . But it doesn't show any web address and no option to open the developer tools . Although I have enabled them through coding by using
require('nw.gui').Window.get().showDevTools() (https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/debugging-with-devtools) , There is still an empty window for developer tools . There is also a category : Why does devtools show an empty window? in the above github link but i don't have nw.pak i have nw_material_100_percent,nw_material_200_percent,nw_material_100_percent,nw_material_200_percent inside of the nwjs installed folder .

My development environment and os :
node : 5.10.1 (Installed it through nvm ).
npm : 3.8.3
nw : 0.15.3

P.S : Please see my screen shots .
398609 (5) [Avatar] Offline
I have downloaded the sdk build from the nwjs github page , now the developer tools are opening .
paulbjensen (39) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Thanks for your comments. At the time of writing that chapter NW.js (0.12) had developer tools bundled by default, but then they changed it so that you had to grab the SDK version in order to load developer tools. I've updated Chapter 10 of the book to cover the developer tools difference.