The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

297902 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I would really love to start studying and reading the book. But the code on the pdf is very hard to read. The font type is small and a bit weird.
Could you add some clearer font type and make it a bit larger? How about Syntax Highlighting to make reading the code easy?
The book seem to be really interesting and helpful, but at the moment, trying to read the code is giving me a headache smilie.
Thank you
paulbjensen (39) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. The font used for the book is Courier 8pt, and is from Manning's Microsoft Word template.

I'll chat to my editor to see if we can get the font adjusted to something more readable. If you have any particular font suggestions then I'll pass them on.

In regards to the syntax highlighting, it's a good idea and I'd be happy to do it. One factor to bear in mind is that the print version of the book will be in black and white, and so if we wish to apply syntax highlighting, it would be nice to use a color scheme that works well in greyscale when printed.

I'll let you know once I hear back.

Regards,

Paul Jensen