The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Felix Siegrist (4) [Avatar] Offline
The Docker-Terminal project that is used in technique 7 to communicate with the docker-daemon via a web application running in the browser explicitly uses the rest api version v1.12 (see file index.html) instead of just leaving away the version path element and thus using the latest version, or the version understood by the current docker-daemon. As a consequence, the web application does not work with docker-daemons not responding to v1.12 requests.
After having replaced all occurrences of /v1.12/ by just / everything worked fine.
aidanhs (25) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Felix

What version of Docker are you using? It seems fine for me with the latest stable version of Docker, and though I've not tested it, it looks like 1.12 is still supported in the latest code on the master branch (https://github.com/docker/docker/blob/ace1f176fec38232b78114b2feb8609590481221/api/common.go#L26).

I wouldn't have any objection to bumping to version 1.15 (corresponding to 1.3 of Docker), but we need to be careful about letting it use whichever version as the Docker api has been through incompatible changes (I'm surprised that it all seemed to work fine for you).

Aidan