2696 (2) [Avatar] Offline
First time commenting with an editorial eye, so if these are not the types of review comments you're looking for, please let me know.

Page 22: This may be a PDF rendering issue, but the command specified, npm install electron-prebuilt –save, should be a double dash before save (i.e. --save, not -save)
Page 25: HTML is missing body closer.
5683 (1) [Avatar] Offline
On page 17 in pdf the following, I believe double "taken"

1.4.5 Offline First

As anyone who has ever taken taken a computer on a transcontinental

Also, confusing "going to to be background" in below section

1.5.1 The main process

The main process has a few important responsibilities. It can respond to application lifecycle events like starting up, quitting, preparing to quit, going to to be background,
David Ching (2) [Avatar] Offline
This paragraph is a bit confusing:

Electron allows us to use cutting edge web platform features as it includes a relatively recent
version of Chromium. Generally speaking, the version of Chromium in Electron is about one to
two weeks behind the most recent stable release—which come out every six weeks. Electron
typically includes new versions of Node.js about a month after they’re released. This is
because one of the most compelling reasons to update Node.js is to get the most recent
version of V8. Electron already includes a modern build of V8 from Chromium. Electron can
afford to wait for minor bug fixes before upgrading to the latest version of Node.

I think it would be better as:

... This is because one of the most compelling reasons to update Electron is to get the most recent version of Chromium V8. Electron already includes a modern build of V8 from Chromium. Electron can afford to wait for minor bug fixes before upgrading to the latest version of Node.
David Ching (2) [Avatar] Offline
This means that on time top of being able to take advantage of Node’s module system, you can also use compiled modules with native extensions, access the file system, as well as to do a bevy of other things that are not usually typically supported in the browser environment.

Barring some kind of special circumstance—you’re building a chat client, for example—Electron applications work just as well offline as any other application.

That said, they’re there're different in a number of important ways.

112472 (1) [Avatar] Offline
In chapters 1 and 2 there are many, many typos and word confusions. I would be willing to point out what I have seen if someone is actually reading these comments. If this forum is just for readers to comment back and forth, the effort would be wasted.
183703 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

Initially I was going to post comments about typos but from the Welcome post:
During the MEAP, we welcome reader comments about anything in the manuscript — other than typos and other simple mistakes

so I haven't bothered.

Dave
Steve Kinney (20) [Avatar] Offline
Hi everyone—I'm the author!

First of all: thank you so much for purchasing the early access edition of the book. Secondly, thanks for contributing. The book itself is still in the very, very early stages of development and will definitely be revised heavily as we go along.

As Dave pointed out, MEAPs are still works in progress. Manning has assigned a number of editors who—along with myself—will be working through the manuscript as well to hunt down typographical errors and ambiguous wording.

I'm going to work through your notes and apply them next time I get additional feedback from my editors and submit revisions. (In the mean time, I'm working hard on Chapter 7 as we speak!)

If you see anything else that's glaring, feel free to email me at hello@stevekinney.net so I don't miss it!

Thanks!

—Steve
204020 (1) [Avatar] Offline
P.52 Listing 3.3 Styling (lib/style.css)
border: 5px solid rgb(238, 252, 250);;
-> border: 5px solid rgb(238, 252, 250);

P.123 - 124 Listing 6.1 Creating an “Edit” Menu with Copy and Paste (lib/application-menu.js)
"2" duplicated

465362 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Holiday hours is a website where you can see holidays hours related with USA brands stores such GameStop store, P.c richards & Son and CVS Pharmacy and many more. Please visit Holiday Hours website pc richards store hours
Pc richards hours

511363 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Klondike is also a type patience game it is better known as the family of patience game to visit it here and achieve your aim what you like https://gamesdro.com/klondike-solitaire klondike is played with 52-card deck without jokers.It is also a hub of online game i just love this junction and play here game also.Thanks for this outstanding site.