Cecil Phillip (4) [Avatar] Offline
I think it would be great if you could expound on the differences between Reactive Programming vs Functional Reactive Programming. You mention "FRP can operate on continuous-time" in chapter 1 and a few paragraphs later say "Reactive
programming provides abstractions to events and to states that are changed over time".

I think some larger statement on the differences between the two would be helpful considering so many people still get confused by this.
Tamir Dresher (35) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for the comment.
The discussion about the difference between the two has always been an area for "religious" arguments.
I tried to give a very brief statement about the differences in order not to cause too much reaction about it.
I'll try to see if there is any way to make it more clear.

In the meanwhile, here is a quote from Erik Meijer from one of the discussions about the subject (https://github.com/ReactiveX/reactivex.github.io/issues/130#issuecomment-123795960):
Plug your ears with wax to not get distracted by the siren song of buzzwords, it does not really matter in the end as long as the library provides the features you need to do your job. Just keep hacking on real world problems using Rx!
Cecil Phillip (4) [Avatar] Offline
Nice quote