Susan Harkins (322) [Avatar] Offline
Please post errors found in the published version of Scalara in Action here. We'll publish a comprehensive list for everyone's convenience. Thank you!

Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
Manning Publications
515327 (1) [Avatar] Offline
On Page 21 of Chapter 2, the name of the Page class in the text is com.example.chat.Page, but it should be com.example.cms.Page.
eneveu (4) [Avatar] Offline
On page 32 (chapter 3):
"PUT requests tend to look a lot like POSTs: you parse the input, modify the data store, and return. In fact, parsing the input is usually identical between PUT and PUT routes for a given type."

--> "PUT and PUT" should be "PUT and POST"
Page 90, Chapter 5 "Handling JSON":

"What can you do instead? You can write a custom serializer. A custom serializer basically represents two partial functions: one function accepts a JValue and returns a NutritionFacts; the other function knows how to create a NutritionFacts from a JSON document."

Should be:

"What can you do instead? You can write a custom serializer. A custom serializer basically represents two partial functions: one function accepts a JValue and returns a NutritionFacts; the other function knows how to create a JSON document from a NutritionFacts."
In the Kindle (.mobi) version, I have some weird characters in chapter "8.1.4. Running your tests":

"You have your first test and, not unexpected1y, your first test fai1ure. Cheer up: this is a good thing! It's good practice to write the test, see it fai1, and then imp1ement (or fix) the main code. Seeing the test switch from fai1ing to passing with a change to the main code serves as a sort of test of the tests, warding off fa1se positives."

Many "L" characters seems to have been replaced with the number "1".

I don't see this problem in the PDF version. I don't know if it's some kind of OCR failure or some ebook tracking scheme, but it's really annoying.
Page 207, chapter 12.4 "Using Scalatra for big data":

Next, you need to get Spark imported into your Scalatra application. Add the following dependency into ScalatraBootstrap:
"org.apache.spark" %% "spark-core" % "1.3.1",

I think "into ScalatraBootstrap" should be replaced by "to your build.sbt".