The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

403161 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'm having some issues getting the sample code to compile and just wanted to see if I'm doing something wrong. While I was able to figure out how to generate the build files for the sample code, when I opened the project in Visual Studios 2015 and compiled it it complained about some syntax errors of all things. Perhaps it's a version issue? I do recall seeing something in the txt file about it having worked on older versions of Visual Studio.

I really would appreciate any help in understanding the problem. Attached is my build log for the exact errors. Thanks!
403161 (2) [Avatar] Offline
So after further investigation it seems that the errors are all happening in "ovr" project with the ide picking up several of them in OVR_CAPIShim.c. The most damning error I can see is that the linker can't find '..\..\output\ovrd.lib' which I imagine is what's throwing it off. After poking around, I'm not sure where this library is being referenced.

Can anyone else reproduce this or am I just doing something wrong?
421831 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Im having the same issues (Visual Studio 14 2015). Did you find out anything?

I tried Visual Studio 12 2013, it worked fine there. Wonder why