The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
Please post errors in the published version of Practical Probabilistic Programming here. We'll publish a comprehensive list for everyone's convenience. Thank you!

Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
419393 (1) [Avatar] Offline
On page 405 in Chapter 13 Task 5 Subtask e might be an error.
In this task the bayesian network X -> Y -> Z has to be implemented in a figaro program.

Change the prior for Y given that X is true to
Beta(2, 1), and the prior for X given that Y is true to Beta(1, 2).

In my opinion X is independent from the state of Y and therefor the task should be:

Change the prior for Y given that X is true to
Beta(2, 1), and the prior for Y given that X is false to Beta(1, 2).
Anton (14) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I think that there is an error on figure 4.16 page 125. It is marked 0.1 for the density, but it should be 0.01. It is 1/(150-50). The text also states 0.01.
Hi,

There is an error on page 151, figure 5.11. It must be "Prints quickly" and not "Prints quality".

Anton
Chapter 5

1) page 164, "every variable will have a copy of the unary potential in table 5.2" should be table 5.1

2) page 169, in the summary the first item is wrong in two places. "Symmetric relations produce directed dependencies" ... no it is the opposite which makes the next statement also wrong.

Anton
Kha (4) [Avatar] Offline
In exercise 1 of chapter 4. I think you have to specify that there are 2 players.