The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
Please list errors found in the published version of Gnuplot in Action, Second Edition here. We'll publish a comprehensive list for everyone's convenience. Thank you!

Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
Manning Publications
mhalver (35) [Avatar] Offline
In the pseudofiles table (4.3) on page 71 of the final pdf, you have a footnote on the two pipe forms that these are only available on Unix-like platforms. As of version 5, these forms will happily work on windows as well. Note there is a bug in the Windows implementation with handling binary outputs, but this is being fixed.
JacquesLB (2) [Avatar] Offline
p 110, third bullet (middle of the page) should read:

'plot "data" u 1:2:($1-$5):($1+$5):3:4 w xyerrorl'

and not ($2-$5) and ($2+$5)

=> dx should be applied to the x column
425514 (7) [Avatar] Offline
page C12, the word contourv should be contour
carminat (49) [Avatar] Offline
Warning: I still have the MEAP V06 version, so some typos may not be there anymore.
BTW: this is the reason why I do not refer to page numbers.

## location ## errata --> corrige

## few lines before fig 6.4 ##
plot "data" u 1:2:($2-$5):($2+$5):3:4 w xyerrorl 
-->
plot "data" u 1:2:($1-$5):($1+$5):3:4 w xyerrorl

## sect 5.1 ## moving on too --> moving on to

## Sect 5.5 - short after table 5.2 ## to broad to --> too broad to

## Sect 7.3.2 ## to equivalent ways --> two equivalent ways

One remark: apart the first, the others typos I ran into seem to come from homophones (like two, to, too)