The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

394384 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Alexander, really enjoying your book (and Snowplow). My question is about how you realize the benefits of an ordered log when various events are distributed differently because they use differing partition keys. For example, if I want to take action on the combination of user events and inventory events, how can I guarantee that two different systems, or a restored system, will read the log in the same way given that the relevant events are distributed to different shards of my stream? You touch on this distributed vs unified question briefly in 2.1.3 - and I understand the need for scalability and reliability, just wondering how I replicate order-depended functions with multiple independent shards. Thanks!