Ben Piper (5) [Avatar] Offline
As a way of thanking all of you who have purchased the MEAP of Learn Cisco Network Administration in a Month of Lunches, I'm creating this thread to answer any questions you may have about the book, the labs, or anything related to Cisco networking.

So go ahead, ask me anything! I'll answer your questions as best I can, and if possible, I'll use them to make the book even better moving forward.
a_p_nakon@hotmail.com (2) [Avatar] Offline
Q&A - Notes on your Cisco book
Hi Ben,

My name is Adrian and I work as a Principal Admin for a consulting firm in Melbourne, Australia.
As part of my work I need to do networking stuff - at the Linux level, but was always interested to know more about the Cisco infrastructure.

I wanted to complement you on the beautiful description you gave to how switches and routers work / subsets / broadcast domains. I've read quite a few tombs but have have to say your writing is the nicest approach I've seen - so great stuff mate. smilie

I particularly liked the way you *link* it all together - so the reader gets a clear and - importantly - non threatening view of the base networking architecture. I remember when I was first learning this sort of stuff I'd take a read of a few books then go away until the eureka moment hit. Your approach makes that much easier - congrats!

I'm looking forward to the rest of the book.

Cheers,

Adrian.
Ben Piper (5) [Avatar] Offline
Q&A - Notes on your Cisco book
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying the book and have found it helpful. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ben
465954 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Is the hardware listed in Chapter 1 for building our own physical lab still relevant?