226753 (6) [Avatar] Offline

Had bought the MEAP long back, but didn't get a chance to go through it earlier and started only yesterday. Chapter 1 was interesting read, and tried to run the APIs directly on the browser and curl. The GETs are working on both, but the POST and PUT are giving errors (sorry, I am not able to update or my favorite toppings smilie). The error is as below:
curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"title":"Black Olives"}' http://irresistibleapis.com/api/v1.0/toppings

TypeError: Cannot call method 'hasOwnProperty' of undefined<br>    at app.delete.res.statusCode (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/toppings.js:46:16)<br>    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)<br>    at next (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:131:13)<br>    at Route.dispatch (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)<br>    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)<br>    at /home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:277:22<br>    at Function.process_params (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:330:12)<br>    at next (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:271:10)<br>    at serveStatic (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/node_modules/serve-static/index.js:74:16)<br>    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/synedra/irresistible/webapp/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)

The PUT shows similar error.
Kirsten Hunter (13) [Avatar] Offline
I'll take a look right now! Thanks for the heads up, I'm going through an editing pass so I'll get it fixed up and get the updated version up there.

Kirsten Hunter (13) [Avatar] Offline
This was due to a change in how express handled JSON. It's fixed now on the site - I'll check the docker install as well.
226753 (6) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks. Now my favorite toppings is on the Pizza smilie

Since boot2docker is being deprecated on windows, I setup docker on linux. But I am unable to proceed further as I am unable to pull the container, see below:
sudo docker run -i -t -p 80:5000 synedra/irresistible /bin/bash

Unable to find image 'synedra/irresistible:latest' locally
Pulling repository docker.io/synedra/irresistible
Error while pulling image: Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/synedra/irresistible/images: dial tcp: lookup index.docker.io: no such host

CElliott (12) [Avatar] Offline
It would be better if at least one line in the Curl examples in section 2.4.2 could be made to work.