The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

343529 (5) [Avatar] Offline
When working in chapter 6 the git diff does not give me any information about the hunk.
e.g.
@@ -1 +1,2 @@
#Comment
+a=1

I'm working in windows. Thanks!
rickumali (134) [Avatar] Offline
In your post, is the example you provided something that you are seeing? If not, it would be helpful to see what you see, perhaps via copy/paste of what is in your Windows terminal/Git Bash, or a screen shot.

If the example you provided is what you're seeing, then that is all the information you're supposed to see. The hunk (the two lines following the '@@') contains what is different.

If instead you do not get any output when you type 'git diff', then chances are you haven't made a change you in your repository.

Let us know!
343529 (5) [Avatar] Offline
Realized my error. I was using tab complete and accidentally hit "git stash." Spent a day troubleshooting this.

Also, great book. I've been blogging about using your book with PowerShell and its the first time that I'm actually getting it!
rickumali (134) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for your note! Where you blogging about this? You can post a link here. I'll be happy to Tweet this out!