Pierre De Wilde (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jeremy,

Ionic is a very active framework. Today (2015-12-10), Ionic 1.2 has been announced with several new features (see http://blog.ionic.io/announcing-ionic-1-2/ ). So 'Ionic in Action' book may be quickly outdated.

Do you plan to keep your book up-to-date with free upgrades for registered users ?

Thanks,
Pierre
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Pierre,

The published form the book will remain for the time being, since printed books can't be updated once printed!

I'm working on Angular 2 In Action right now, and don't have bandwidth to add new content. There are a few tweaks based on what 1.2 appears to change, but today was the first I'd heard about it too. The amount of change is probably minimal, but I would have to check with the publisher how they handle this situation. Nothing in the changes should be dramatically different (mostly the form label and input changes that are different), so I believe it shouldn't be too confusing for readers to pick up the small changes.

I get a lot of similar questions about keeping the book updated, and I can't promise anything at the moment. I would love to be able to keep everything in sync, but publishing is a process and I am not the one who can make the decision. I have talked with the publisher about updates and whatnot, but I'm not in a place to pursue that until Angular 2 in Action is further along.

Jeremy
Pierre De Wilde (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was asking updates for the ebook version, not the printed version. It's supposed to be one of the main advantage of ebooks vs printed books, isn't it ?

I understand your viewpoint and annoyed about this unplanned obsolescence.

Best,
Pierre
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Either way, I have to work with the publisher and editors to get approval for making major edits. At this point I can't guarantee anything will happen, though I have already brought it up and have some things in the works for the future.

Jeremy