The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Quinn (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'm using section 6.3.3 as a reference and trying to implement a simple OSGi ServiceFactory using Blueprint. In section 6.3.3 it says that if the bean I'm exposing as a service has prototype scope, I will get a new instance of the service for each bundle consuming the service - which is exactly what I'm after.

When I tried this using Karaf 2.4.x, I'm getting the same behavior regardless of the scope of of the bean I'm exposing as a service - it's behaving as a singleton where all calling bundles get a reference to the same instance.

Is the a bug in the Aries implementation used by Karaf? Or am I misunderstanding what section 6.3.3 is telling me?
Quinn (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'm answering my own question - this is and error in the book.

I created a JIRA for the Karaf guys ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4284 ), and they pointed me at the spec. Karaf is working the way it should.