bisr (4) [Avatar] Offline
Currently:
“Interestingly till date HTML doesn’t (1) support any other HTTP methods besides GET and POST. In early drafts of HTML5, PUT and DELETE support were added as values in the HTML form method attribute but it was (2) taken out again.”

(1) Should be:
"Interestingly, as of now the HTML standard still doesn't support..."
(1) Or:
"Interestingly, as of [date of publication/update] the HTML standard still doesn't support..."

(2) Should be:
"... method attribute, but they were taken out again." (note the comma after 'attribute')
Marina Michaels (47) [Avatar] Offline
Hi! I am the developmental editor on this book. Thank you for pointing this out. I am sure Sau Sheong will make these changes.

While authors are writing, we don't copyedit the files because the authors are in the heat of creative inspiration and we don't want to slow them down. That means that while books are still under development, MEAP chapters are still a bit raw. During the production phase, Manning does a thorough and expert copyedit on every book, so the final product is quite professional in both presentation and content.

Regards,

Marina Michaels
bisr (4) [Avatar] Offline
Understood Marina, just pointing it out for Sau Sheong and Manning Publication's benefit. Thank you for your reply.

323224 wrote:Hi! I am the developmental editor on this book. Thank you for pointing this out. I am sure Sau Sheong will make these changes.

While authors are writing, we don't copyedit the files because the authors are in the heat of creative inspiration and we don't want to slow them down. That means that while books are still under development, MEAP chapters are still a bit raw. During the production phase, Manning does a thorough and expert copyedit on every book, so the final product is quite professional in both presentation and content.

Regards,

Marina Michaels