The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rickumali (134) [Avatar] Offline
I've decided to write a short blog-type post every week here on this forum. These posts are exclusive to this forum, and they will primarily be about the writing of the book.

This past Monday evening, I saw two packages outside my door: a box, and a slim media mailer. After examining the label, I knew immediately what it was.

I opened the slim media mailer first, and I delicately pulled out three copies of my book. My first impression: I thought it should be thicker. But I convinced myself that all 352 pages were present, and later I compared its width to another book of a similar page count. They were roughly the same size. My second impression: it smells just like a new book!

That evening I showed the books to my wife and daughter, and I directed them to their sentence in the acknowledgements section. They were smiling. So was I. We joked back and forth, and I resumed the rest of my evening. I felt very satisfied.

This is the last one of the series, but next month or so I'll start to post some short Git-related articles as I mentioned in #37. Thank you all for indulging me these BLOG posts.