The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Gavin (41) [Avatar] Offline
Hi there,

With the recent changes that have been made to the Play framework since the book was written,
is there a plan to have it updated?

There are quite a few differences now, with 2.4.
And there are more significant changes expected with 3.0

Thanks!
436502 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Gavin wrote:Hi there,

With the recent changes that have been made to the Play framework since the book was written,
is there a plan to have it updated?

There are quite a few differences now, with 2.4.
And there are more significant changes expected with 3.0

Thanks!

I'm interested in any sources that would help. I just found this book, and Play 2.5 is out. There's quite a few differences, so walking the examples is difficult.

For example, should I get Play 2.1 and learn from the book? Is the example code on GitHub up to 2.5 so I can replace the code with that and still get the basics from the book? Are there other suggestions of getting the most out of a book I just bought that seems woefully dated?