ThatGuyDuncan (68) [Avatar] Offline
"The Reactive programming paradigm has gained increasing popularity in recent years as a model that aims to simplify the implementations of event-driven application and to provide a simple mechanism for working with asynchronous code execution."

could be

"The Reactive programming paradigm has gained increasing popularity in recent years as a model that aims to simplify the implementations of event-driven applications and to provide a simple mechanism for working with asynchronous code execution. "
ThatGuyDuncan (68) [Avatar] Offline
Tamir, has this been put through proof-reading yet? If not, I don't see the value in me posting everything I find. If it has, I'll continue (assuming it's helpful, of course).
Tamir Dresher (35) [Avatar] Offline
There were a few reviews but there is always something we haven't noticed.
So please keep informing me if there's anything you find.
And thank you for your attention
DarkLord79at (11) [Avatar] Offline
MEAP v3:

"comperators" in 3.2.1 (instead of comparators)

"reciever" at the end of 4.1.3.
Thank you for noticing
2449 (2) [Avatar] Offline
(page references are for V09):
1. Section 3.4.5 (p87): "how c# use yield" should be "uses"
2. Section 3.4.5 (p8smilie: "implanted as a iterators" should be "implemented as iterators"
3. Section 3.5 (p89): "Since then c# collected" should be "has collected"
Thanks a lot
It is really useful smilie
2449 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Figure 4.4, Subscribe() should be Defer()

Heading for section 4.2.4 should be "Dealing with events that have no arguments"

By the way, I also saw some proofing errors earlier in the book, but I did not note them down. I will re-read the earlier section on the next MEAP release and check.
Thanks!
Figure 4.4 is correct. I'm showing the sequence that happens when the observer subscribes to the observable that was produced by the Defer operator.
When this observable is being subscribed to, it will internally create the inner observable and then subscribe to it