The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Markus (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi together,

I really like the first book and are happy to have early access to the second book. I’m a software architect living in the .net world and we have a big web solution written in C# ASP.net using only very tiny JS Scripts. But with modern Browsers and mobile app tools like CORDOVA we start thinking about using JS a lot more. I saw, that you will write a chapter about organizing code.

Just a question: Is it really possible to write a real big application in pure JS? I mean an application with a couple million lines of code? Or do missing design time features like missing type checking and missing refactoring features lead such a project into chaos?

I heard that e.g. the angular team switched to TypeScript because of better design time support. But isn’t TypeScript reducing the cool functional aspect of JS?

What is your opinion? Or will this be covered in the book?

Kind regards and greetings from Germany,
Markus
P.S.: Sorry for my bad English...