The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ivan.arrizabalaga (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, in chapter 5 I cannot manage to download hightcharts dependencies since I find this error:

chapter5$ ionic add highcharts-release#4.0.4 highcharts-ng#0.0.7

Failed to find the bower component "highcharts-release#4.0.4".
Are you sure it exists? (CLI v1.5.5)

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 5.0.0
Ionic Version: 1.0.0
Ionic CLI Version: 1.5.5
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.2.2
OS: Distributor ID:	Ubuntu Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS 
Node Version: v0.10.37

Whats wrong?
Thanks in advance.
ivan.arrizabalaga (2) [Avatar] Offline
I will autoreply, smilie.

Since Ionic uses bower behind the curtains I must install bower manually before starting to use the ionic add command.

sudo npm install -g bower
ionic add highcharts-release#4.0.4 highcharts-ng#0.0.7

jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry I've had some trouble getting my login working while on the road a lot the last few weeks!

Yes, Bower is part of the toolchain and I hadn't noticed it doesn't error properly when Bower isn't installed. I should see if I can get a note about this into the book, though Ionic CLI should do better to fail without Bower here with info. Someone opened a bug recently https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-cli/issues/458.